1.02.2011

Back in the Saddle


Well, after moving cross country and a number of other personal issues that come along with that territory, I've finally gotten my studio back up and running.

As a note for anyone viewing my work on this blog. Most of these are studies and are being completed on a very strict time frame. Along with that many of these were also intended for me to learn something specific. For example, the Clint Eastwood was a study in an aged face that evolved in landmark studies to achieve a readily recognizable persona.. contrast this to the man in armor which was and is a study in achieving recognizable metallics. That being said, when a piece has imparted it's knowledge I tend to shelf it either until I have enough free time to actually finish that piece or until I feel the need to revisit the lessons learned during the original creation.

Enough of that, here's a master study I'm working on by Jean Auguste Dominique Ingres. This is very early stage where I'm still defining basic shapes and establishing tones and color etc. As the pieces come together you will begin to see a more refined image.

No comments: